The Power of Giving & Receiving
If you want to live a life of abundance- it's important that we learn to give and receive. This might be foreign to some based on the way you were brought up in your household. For me, growing up, I felt like life was abundant yet I also felt the stress and scarcity of it at a young age. I grew up with divorced parents and in both households, there wasn't much talk of this power which is ok, I don’t blame my parents for not teaching me what they may not know. I feel compelled to write about this topic because the change I’ve experienced already through knowing these truths can change my life, yours and those around you, so keep reading :)
The universe operates through dynamic exchange . . . giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. And in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives. When we cease to give or receive we are stopping the flow of abundance that the God wants to give us. I truly believe that we have the freedom to choose what we will do with these laws. We have the option everyday to live in FAITH or in FEAR. Whatever you decide, you will get what you ask for.
Here are a few quotes to get your mind thinking:
- "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2nd Corinthians 9:7
- "The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own." -Lao Tzu
- "To truly give is to not expect something in return of equal value. But, instead to trust that your gifts may cause a butterfly effect so that those receiving may one day do the same."- Melissa Brown
- "When you stop the flow of energy (spiritually & physically) from flowing out of your life, you will also stop the energy from flowing into your life. The natural state of Universal Energy is to be in motion and to flow." Jennifer O'Neil
- "The most powerful forms of giving are non-material- the gifts of caring, attention, affection, appreciation and love are some of the most precious gifts you can give and they don't cost you anything." -Deepak Chopra
I will put the Law of Giving and Receiving into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
I hope you will too.
- Wherever I go, and whomever I encounter, I will bring them a gift. The gift may be a compliment, a flower, or a prayer. Today, I will give something to everyone I come into contact with, and so I will begin the process of circulating joy, wealth, and affluence in my life and in the lives of others.
- Today I will gratefully receive all the gifts that life has to offer me. I will receive the gifts of nature: sunlight, the sound of birds singing, colorful fall leaves, or the first snow of winter. I will also be open to receiving from others, whether it be in the form of a material gift, money, a compliment, or a prayer.
- I will make a commitment to keep wealth circulating in my life by giving and receiving life’s most precious gifts: the gifts of caring, affection, appreciation, and love. Each time I meet someone, I will silently wish them happiness, joy, and laughter.
- For the months of November and December, each week I will pick someone that is on my mind and send them a handwritten card in the mail with words of affirmation.
- Anytime I see an opportunity to give financially, I will give. In FAITH- even if it's all I have left, I am going to give. I will affirm and believe that this money if all energy and releasing the energy will also get it back. What I reap I also will sow.
When it comes to making this law work properly for you, you have to learn to do both. Giving and receiving is a double edged sword. It's important to understand the flow goes both ways. You take in the energy and you let out the energy.
IT MUST FLOW.
When you want to attract something- you must ask yourself how much of this VERY thing are you giving out? This will reflect what you get back.
The intention behind our giving and receiving is the most important thing. When the act of giving is joyful, when it is unconditional and from the heart, then the energy behind the giving increases many times over. But if we give grudgingly, there is no abundant energy behind that giving. If we feel we have lost something through the act of giving, then the gift is not truly given and will not cause increase.
Willingly Give, Graciously Receive.
Aroma Couture CEO @InspiredByCaroline
To take this topic even deeper- you can watch this video from Deepak Chopra. It's a little older but it makes perfect sense and really can help you understand this topic more.