When it comes to all things fall, here at Aroma Couture, we think of PUMPKIN PIE? Why?! Well in our office, it's always about food! We like to be active as well as stuff our faces... (at least we are being honest). So imagine our excitement when we discovered this low-sugar recipe that incorporates essential oils into pumpkin pie. It'd be a crime if we didn't share this with you.
First, let's create the essential oil mixture. You will use this in place of pumpkin spice in your pumpkin pie recipe.
- 30 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 30 drops ginger essential oil
- 25 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 20 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
Mix ingredients into a glass dropper. Shake well. You'll be using this soon!
Now for the pumpkin pie!
- 1 whole wheat pie crust
- 1 cup pumpkin or 2 cups
- 1/2 cup 1% or skim milk
- 2 eggs with 1/2 cup egg beaters
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 DROPS OF ABOVE ESSENTIAL OIL MIX
- 1-2 tsp vanilla liquid stevia (to taste preference)
Mix all ingredients until well blended. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min-1 hr.
And Wa-La! When your guests ask you why your pumpkin pie is so darn delicious, just tell them you have a secret essential oil recipe :)
Until Next time my friends. Eat. Drink & Be Merry!